Assistant Director Job Summary
The Downtown Waycross Development Authority (DWDA) is seeking a dynamic, self-starter interested in joining our organization as an Assistant Director. In this role you will work side by side with the Director helping with all daily operational and administrative tasks as needed. You will also contribute to the strategic planning and implementation of set processes and goals.
Assistant Director Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Director in all their duties and effectively carry out assigned responsibilities
- Ensure consistent and smooth implementation of daily operational procedures
- Communicate with the Director to determine daily responsibilities for ongoing projects
- Assist in strategic business planning and analysis
- Perform all necessary daily clerical tasks director requires (phone calls, emails, etc.)
- Implement new procedure or operational changes
- Help facilitate clear and consistent communication between community partners, board of directors and staff
- Take and deliver important messages to the Director
- Foster and maintain positive client relationships
- Maintain calendars and schedule necessary meetings, calls, etc.
- Prepare, organize, and file office documents
- Take notes and keep minutes during relevant meetings
- Write and deliver progress reports to the Director
- Show and manage rental space owned by the DWDA
- Manage a custodial staff assigned to clean properties
- Assist with managing and engaging with all of the DWDA social media accounts
- Ensure all work meets necessary compliance standards
- Interact with the public and represent our organization in a professional manner
- Lead and complete special assigned side projects
- Be a knowledgeable resource in matters related to our business
Assistant Director Requirements and Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- 2+ years’ experience as an assistant director or as an administrative assistant or accounting clerk is strongly preferred
- Highly computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Exceptional clerical skills and strong business acumen
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Skilled collaborator
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Excellent communicator both orally and written
- Comfortable self-starting assigned projects
- Confident and eager to engage with clients
- Send a cover letter, resume and references to [email protected]
- Reference letter must have a minimum of three (3) work-related references; Names and contact information.
- No telephone calls, walk-ins or drop offs will be accepted.
This is a full-time, Monday – Friday position, with the occasional after hours and weekend responsibilities. The position offers a competitive pay and benefits package. The DWDA is a drug-free equal opportunity workplace.